Advice on Trees
View our online catalogue
containing information relating to the features of the trees and a guide to the suitable uses and planting conditions.
For further information or to discuss your specific project call and talk to one of our qualified staff
The Icon Trees nursery covers 50 acres. So that we can attend to your requirements it is important to visit by appointment only; we may not be able to give you access to the nursery without prior arrangement. Our usual opening hours are 7.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Monday to Friday. The nursery is located at 99 Clevedon-Takanini Road, Ardmore.
If you are unable to visit the nursery we can assist by selecting the right trees for your project. We can also support your purchasing decisions by providing photos of our trees. For availability and pricing simply use our ‘request a quote facility’, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on 0800 BIGTREES.
Purchases can be made using direct credit, VISA or Mastercard, or trade accounts.
Contract Growing or Forward Purchasing
Trees are one of the few components of a commercial project that are not always guaranteed to be available for supply. To ensure that top quality trees are available for installation for your project it is best to give us as much lead time as practical. Icon Trees are experts at contract growing of stock specifically for projects. Contract growing works best with 12-14 months or more lead time. For projects with shorter lead times contact us to secure your requirements as soon as possible.
Nationwide delivery is simple. For metropolitan Auckland deliveries we use our own curtain-sided truck and can often deliver the very next day. For outside the Auckland area we have a great network of specialist carriers who can deliver nationwide. Delivery into the North or South islands is generally only 7-10 days. Contact us
for a quotation for delivery costs. Of course you are always welcome to collect your trees from our nursery and we can help with loading and securing them.
to download our planting guide.
- Water trees as required through the first summer. Trees that were planted in the previous autumn or winter will survive over the summer months; however, summer watering will greatly increase the growth and performance of your trees.
- Annual mulching will help the tree’s performance and is a great way to supress weed growth and give a nice, manicured area under the tree. Mulching is best done in spring.
- Use a controlled-release fertiliser such as Osmocote and apply once or twice a year (depending on the longevity of the fertiliser). You will get better results by fertilising and then mulching.
- Trim your trees or hedges to shape, as required; the more often they are trimmed the better the result. Trimming hedges often will increase the thickness of the hedge and you will reduce the woodiness that can come from trimming an overgrown hedge.
- Remember – you are better to trim often to suit the application of the tree than to let it get too big and have to remove it. Most trees will tolerate being trimmed to size.