World Class Big Trees Right Here In New Zealand
"I couldn’t believe the difference. Yesterday I had my neighbour looking into my back yard, then within a day they are gone. The trees I brought from Icon Trees were instant, the difference is amazing." Jo Spencer – Kohi
- At Icon Trees, it’s more than just selling you a tree. Whether you are landscaping your backyard, creating privacy with a hedge or screen, building a housing development or emulating the glorious Augusta golf course, our Icon Trees team has the experience and knowledge to ensure you get the right tree to best suit your application.
- New Zealand’s leading landscape architects and contractors rely on us at Icon Trees to deliver quality trees and service throughout New Zealand.
- Our brand new purpose-built tree nursery in Auckland is home to more than 70,000 big trees ranging in size from a 1m instant hedge through to specimen trees at over 6 metres high.
- At Icon our experienced team is totally focussed on delivering you the very best in quality, service and reliability.
- In a world where instant gratification is important, our team at Icon Trees is able to deliver you that WOW factor today.
Icon Trees – About Us
Icon Trees was founded by Mike Cato in 2003. The 20 hectare tree nursery at Ardmore in South Auckland was specially built for Icon Trees in 2013 and truly is a world-class facility. Mike used his more than 20 years of knowledge and experience in horticulture, and visited world-leading nurseries around the globe before designing the tree nursery. Icon Trees’ customers can pride themselves on buying the very best!
“When I visited the Icon Trees new nursery I was impressed. I could have been in any one of Europe’s top nurseries”. Coert Rosenburg - Everris Global Technical Manager
At Icon Trees we offer more than simply selling you a tree. We are here to help. We want to answer your questions and help you find the right tree for the right application. If you can’t make it to the nursery to select your own trees – relax! You can rely on us to select your trees and be confident we will get it right.
In the greater Auckland area our own staff will deliver your Icon trees on-site when you require them.
Beyond Auckland we have an experienced team of horticultural carriers who deliver throughout New Zealand every week.
The Icon Difference
What is the Icon difference? We are about quality, service and reliability; whether that is growing and supplying a tree or helping with a solution. We strive to remain the best and it shows.
- We start with the best quality components – the best trees, the best quality soil media and fertilisers, the best qualified staff and, of course, our superb world-class nursery using the best growing systems.
- We are a NIASA accredited nursery and have Ecohort certification. This means that Icon Trees has been independently audited and accredited by the Australian Nursery Industry. This accreditation recognises nursery best practices covering a high standard of nursery and plant hygiene, best practise for growing methodologies, and high health stock controls to mitigate and control pest and disease. This means that you can rest assured that you will receive a premium product that is backed by the Australian Nursery best practises.
- Icon Trees uses water drawn from a deep-water bore. We do not use recycled water or water drawn from a creek that poses a high risk of disease and contamination.
- Roots are the anchors and feeders for trees, if these aren’t right then the success of the tree will suffer. We often throw out what looks like big, healthy trees because the root structures mean that they would eventually fail in the landscape. Icon are one of the few nurseries that identify this issue and dispose of stock instead of just bagging them to the next grade (which enhances the problem) or supplying trees that will not successfully reach maturity.
- We ensure you receive quality service and advice and then we deliver our fabulous trees to your site when you need them.
At Icon Trees we want “The Icon Difference” to be part of the success of your business.
“I have been buying my trees from these guys for over 15 years. They are reliable and the quality is exceptional. That is important for the success of my business,” Scott Humphreys – Humphreys Landscaping, Auckland